August 2015- Current
Teacher Aide, Herndon Intermediate School- Royse City ISD
Supervisor: Shanna Brown, Principal (469) 721-8101
- Facilitate on demand instruction and testing at the request of fellow teachers and staff members, including my conference period.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers and the counselor to differentiate curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Manage student behavior using Capturing Kids Hearts and am a positive role model in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
January 2014 - July 2015
Teacher, The Ark Preschool Rockwall
Supervisor: Susan Gallandar, Director (972) 771-5501
- Redesigned the two year old curriculum to include additional age appropriate learning activities
- Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Love and Logic
- Conduct ongoing assessment of students achievement through informal evaluation
October 2012 – January 2014
Instructional Designer, Texas A&M University – Commerce
Supervisor: Greta Spradling (903) 468-8687
Supervisor: Greta Spradling (903) 468-8687
- Redesigned the Online Master of Science in Applied Criminology, that includes 17 courses, to meet Quality Matters Standards.
- Collaborated with course instructors, instructional
design and multimedia team members to plan and coordinate course materials for
online and face to face courses.
- Provide assistance with planning and coordinating materials with course instructor, instructional design team, and multimedia team to design and develop online, blended and web-enhanced courses.
- Adhered to and communicated copyright as well as other laws pertaining to the distribution and ethical use of all resources.
November 2008 - October 2012
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Dallas County Community College District
Supervisor: Lucinda Gonzales (972) 860-7668
- Nominated for Innovation of the Year for the Establishment and Implementation of the "Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning"
- Designed, coordinated, and provided individual, small group, campus and district level staff development including use of computer hardware, software applications, and technology integration.
- Readily able to adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing campus demands.
- Facilitated campus participation in faculty technology
training workshops including planning events, Technology Reboot Camp,
SMART Board and SoftChalk workshops and provided written guides.
August 2006 – August 2008
Instructional Systems Specialist
Department of Defense, Training and Doctrine Command “TRADOC”- Fort Sill, OK
Secret Government Clearance
- Evaluated storyboards for Tactical Information Operations Course, Field Artillery Lieutenant-level unit trainee tasks and Joint Fires and Effects Course for overall organization, instructional soundness, logical flow, grammatical and typography errors.
- Marketed and promoted the DA Army Intern Program at job fairs and college fairs to enhance intern recruitment.
- Develop strong working relationships with soldiers, team members, contractors and TRADOC (Training and Doctrine Command).
- Conduct Cognitive Task Analysis (CTAs), research tasks for development of lessons, design and develop lesson designs, review and revise components of instructional design, such as, sequencing and clustering of learning events and objectives, and evaluate storyboards.
August 2005 - May 2006
Substitute Teacher, Lubbock ISD
- Substitute teaching with current methodology and instruction for junior high and high school setting.
- Established and enforced rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students
August 2003 - June 2005
Technology Teacher-Lubbock ISD, Dunbar Jr. High School
- Worked cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP). Compiled, maintained and filed special educations records and modifications for 75 of my 150 students
- Provided after school tutoring and helped students with any of their other classes
- Utilized a variety of instructional methods including
cooperative learning, games, discovery, and discussion to teach computer
applications and keyboarding.
- Integrated the core subjects into my computer application lesson plans.
- Actively participated in school events such a Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO), Open House, in-service, faculty meetings, team leader meetings, and grade level meetings.
- Assisted in the Implementation of the Texas 21st Century Community Learning Center grant educational program as the Parent Coordinator. Hosted Parent’s night and taught adult computer classes.